Time, and a word.....

It's been a long time since (now I'm singing Led Zep!!) I blogged about running... busy busy etc. etc.

Anyhoo, it's on like Donkey Kong now! We've been walking every Sunday since I last posted, but time is ticking so we're now adding miles during the week. My Dad was here 2 weeks ago and he did 4 (1.2 mile) laps with me - half running, half walking... he's pretty fit for an old fart :) He also reminded us several times how hard the Marathon is going to be, which was probably the kick in the ass we both needed. I am now getting up (in the middle of the night!) at 5 (maybe 5:30) in the morning to get 4 or 5 laps in before the day begins - it's actually a great feeling (not the getting up part) .... my speed is also increasing - best lap this morning was 12 minutes ( I worked out that I need to average 18 minutes per lap to finish in the alloted time ), worst was 15... now it's all about endurance.....

Keep moving forward.....

Comments

Daisy said…
And pacing yourself - right?? Good for you! You are really doing fantastic!

Popular posts from this blog

Master Choe (that's pronounced Chay!) in da house?

Sign me up for next year !!